Today, I’m prepping for tomorrow’s class and creating a few additional items. The first part of the week, I’ll be putting together invitations. My goal is to finished by mid-week. So, I need to get a little ahead. If I succeed with that goal, I’m going to treat myself with a trip to Pittsburgh to see my daughter. I haven’t seen her since the first of January and … I miss her! Now on to my Sending Love Valentines Favor.
Sending Love Valentines Favor
For my class tomorrow, I made this little Valentine favor.
It uses the Sending Love designer paper and holds two Ghiradelli squares.
These are a perfect last minute favor.
Not that they wouldn’t still be cute if it wasn’t last minute.
It’s also perfect for the
adults in your life
that you’d like to treat for Valentines Day.
I love that using the double sided designer paper
means that the inside is as finished as the outside.
To the front, I added a winding of White Bakers Twine and Silver Metallic Thread.
This was topped with a Red Glimmer Paper heart.
And tucked in behind the heart is a Vellum banner.
I’ve accented it with three 1/8″ punches of Real Red cardstock.
To give them their glossy look, I added bubbles of Fine Tip Glue.
- Start with a 4″ x 6″ piece of designer paper
- Score along the landscape side at: 1/4″, 2-1/4″, 2-7/8″ and 4-7/8″
- Score along the portrait side at 3/4″
- Still in portrait position, trim 1/2″ off opposite of the score line you just added
- Reserve that piece to use later as the belly band
- Cut the tabs apart along the bottom, notching both edges of each tab
- Remove the small section at the bottom of the 1/4″ side tab
- Burnish score lines with your Bone Folder
- Add Tear and Tap to the 1/4″ tab and to the bottom tab that will be on the outside.
- Once the box is folded together, add the belly band
- Embellish as desired
- Fill with 2 Ghiradelli squares
Thanks for stopping by and checking out my Sending Love Valentines Favor.
If you liked today’s creation – please shop in my store.
Create something today!
Shop with me for today’s products and other favorites
Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you have to say!