Hi! Welcome to my blog today and A Paper Pumpkin Thing Blog Hop Pining for Plaid. Today, the design time is sharing alternative ideas for using the October, 2017 Paper Pumpkin kit. There were so many great supplies in this month’s kit, it was hard to know where to start! Let’s take a look at what I created and then you’ll want to hop around and see the rest of today’s inspiration.
A Paper Pumpkin Thing Blog Hop Pining for Plaid
Pining for Plaid Paper Pumpkin Kit contents
For my first creation, I made an alternative card version.
This alternative will really extend the number of cards you can make with the kit.
My card is on a Basic Black carstock base.
Then I used the Layering Circles to die cut a piece for the center
and added strips for the sides —
all from the cards included in the kit.
Next, I added a ring of Gold Glimmer paper.
Using one of the banners included, I added a sentiment from the kit.
Add a few sequins and the card is done.
A Paper Pumpkin Thing Blog Hop Pining for Plaid project two
For my second project, I created this gift box/home decor item.
The front panel has a little shaker element.
Edited: I’ve had SO many requests – here are directions
- Take two cards from the kit and layer them out in landscape orientation.
- Score 1/4″ on the right hand edge of each card.
- Remove 1/4″ from the left hand edge of each card.
- Angled cut the right hand tab and add adhesive.
- Adhere the tabs to the non-tabbed edges of the other card to form square.
And the top has this lush topper.
To make it, I used Green Sprigs dipped in Embossing Paste and Dazzling Diamonds
Then, I’ve layered lots of ribbon and sequin trim.
For the top and bottom:
- Cut a 5-5/16″ x 5-5/16″ piece of Basic Black cardstock for the bottom.
- Score at 5/8″ on all four sides.
- Cut tabs and assemble around the base of the card square from above for the best fit.
Tip: Add adhesive along the sides of the bottom one side at a time
- Cut a 5-3/8″ x 5-3/8″ piece of Basic Black cardstock for the top.
- Score at 5/8″ on all four sides
- Cut tabs and assemble top.
Estimate on ribbon (I didn’t measure) 24″ of Black, Cherry Cobbler and Sequin Trim.
Thanks for stopping by today and checking out my Pining for Plaid alternative projects.
See below for product details.
Now, it’s time to check out the rest of the team.
Next up is Lori with her beautiful creations.
Shop with me today because this post inspired you!
Create something today!
Subscribe HERE to Paper Pumpkin by November 10 to receive the coordinating kit!
Get your tutorial and see the details HERE
I’d love to be your demonstrator if you live in the United States!