I’m so torn! Do I play with my new stuff? Do I play with my retiring things? What’s a girl to do? Well, this girl decided to combine some new with some old. It’s not as if these items work exclusive of each other. So, I hope you won’t mind if you see more of this combining over the next couple of weeks.
Speaking of weaving things together, today I’ve done that with PPA251 and PCCCS144; a color and sketch challenge respectively.
I really like the new alphabet set, Layered Letters (138692 available June 2). The letters are a fun font and a great size.
The “hi” stamped here using Layered Letters, fills a 1 1/2″ circle. I used Circles Collection Framelits for the Whisper White circle and Starburst Framelits (retiring) for the Tempting Turquoise frame.
The sketch called for lots of little details.
I started with a Daffodil Delight splatter using Gorgeous Grunge on Whisper White.
Then pulling out my Brights designer paper stack (retiring), I added the Melon Mambo chevron layer. Next, Daffodil Delight designer paper from the stack and Tempting Turquoise carddstock were cut with the Banner punch.
Using the Banner punch again, the Melon Mambo cardstock layer was cut. To break up this solid strip, a sliver of Whisper White was placed in the center before adding the large Basic Rhinestones.
The Melon Mambo strip was added with a double stack of dimensionals on one end to bring it up to the level of the Whisper White focal image.
Well, I’m off to the school to help with candy sales. This afternoon, I will begin planning my creations for this Sunday’s blog hop. This week, we’re playing with only new catalog items. Whoop!
Create something today,
Don’t want to wait? Then Join My Team!
REASONS TO PURCHASE THE STAMPIN’ UP! STARTER KIT:
- The $99 Starter Kit can be ordered through me HERE! You’ll instantly become part of the Stampin’ Up! family and my ProCraftinators team.
- You decide! Choose up to $125 in Stampin’ Up! products for your kit. That’s $26 in FREE product!
- Free Shipping! The kit ships FREE for another 10% savings.
- Stock up! Once you join, you receive a one-time 30% off discount on a product order of $150 or more placed within 45 days. Perfect timing for the full catalog release on June 2!
- 20% discount! Enjoy a minimum of a 20% demonstrator discount every day.
- No risk! You’ll have through September 30, 2015 to “test drive” demonstrator discounts and benefits.
- No penalty! If you reach $300 in sales by the end of the first FULL quarter (the date you join through September 30), you will renew and remain active for another quarter (October – December). If you don’t reach $300 in sales, you can simply “drop” with no penalty.
- No catch! You can enjoy your demonstrator status with no obligation to hold workshops or parties, sell products to others or personally purchase anything beyond the kit. Simply indulge in your passion for paper, enjoy the experience and master your craft with the exclusive resources and inspiration.
BEST OF ALL! I welcome happy stampers when you purchase your kit and join through me! Many join me for the discounts and a chance to be part of our virtual community. Please email me at Sara@theartfulinker.com if you have any questions. I would LOVE to talk to YOU about Stampin’ Up!
Today’s Products – available in my store
Michelle Quinno says
Superb! I love the pink/white banner with the gemstones and the design. Thanks for joining the Pals Paper Arts challenge this week!
Heidi Weaver says
Hi Sara, what a striking card! I love the way you’ve combined the two challenges and used a combination of retiring and new products. Great use of the new alphabet set! Thanks for joining us this week for the Paper Craft Crew Challenge.
Jennie Maier says
This is such a cute card!
Super Stamp Girl says
HI Sara, I immediately recognized the colors from the PPA challenge to go with our Paper Craft Crew sketch this week. Very bright and cheerful. I love the center focal piece with a simple “Hi.” Perfect for all occasions. Thanks for joining us at the PCC this week! Crystal