Ohh boy, did I have fun playing today! Sometimes, I just itch to do something non-traditional. That itch has been pretty strong the last few days and I finally had to give in to it. I decided that I wanted to play with making an art tag. Tags as a creative piece are very popular right now. The design process for most of these is kind of anything goes. Let me tell you how I went.
So first up was the Angled Tag Topper punch and a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock. I love the new tag topper punches!!
I stamped multiple times with Off the Grid in Versamark followed by heat embossing with Gold embossing powder. Next, I pulled out my daubers, Soft Suede, Midnight Must and Rich Razzleberry ink pads. I lightly daubed Soft Suede around the edges. Then, I daubed in areas of Rich Razzleberry and Midnight Muse. When those color areas were to my liking, I pulled out a couple pieces from the Essentials Wood Elements. On the circular piece, I stamped in Rich Razzleberry with an image from Notable Notions. And on the arrow, I used Crystal Effects to adhere sequins that I removed from the Gold Sequin Trim. I created the golden glittery dot in the middle of the circular piece by tinting Dazzling Details with Crushed Curry ink refill. After tearing the bottom of the tag so that the sueded part of the tear was facing up, I added a piece of Victoria Crochet Trim adhering it with my favorite ribbon adhesive – Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets. I tinted the trim by spritzing with Midnight Muse and Rich Razzleberry ink refill mixed with alcohol. To gather the trim, I ran a piece of Gold Baker’s Twine through the trim and then back tying the two ends together. Next, I took my dauber and Soft Suede ink pad and again went around all of the edges, this time giving it more definite color. At the bottom, I added a piece of 1 1/4″ Burlap Ribbon and adhered it with Crystal Effects. But first, I cut off the selvedge and frayed the ribbon. Hang on to those bits. Some of the long strands left from fraying the Burlap Ribbon were adhered with Crystal Effects. And, the selvedge was threaded through the hole at the top and finished with an Antique Brad. Finally, I added some random drops of Crystal Effects and a few Basic Pearls.
When I design like this, I think of it as trotting out my crazy. It’s really freeing. You should try it.