It’s been quite a while since I played with Blended Bloom, a favorite from the Annual Catalog. These warmer days are turning my thoughts to flowers, so it was a natural choice. After thinking about how I wanted to use it, I remembered the PPA248 sketch that was posted yesterday and decided my idea would work perfectly with the sketch.
I started with a piece of watercolor paper and stamped the image with black Staz On. Using my Aqua Painter, I colored with Real Red, Cherry Cobbler, Pear Pizzazz, Old Olive and Crushed Curry. It’s amazing how much tonal variation you can achieve with this technique.
While unfortunately you can’t see it, the focal image sits on a layer of Basic Black that has been stamped with Blended Bloom inked in Versamark. This gives a subtle damask effect to the layer.
The Vellum banner is stamped and embossed with an image from Point and Click. While the sentiment was created using the Back to Basics Alphabet.
Have a great weekend!
Don’t forget the special offer on the Butterflies Thinlits through April 30.
- Get the Butterflies Thinlits at a 15 percent discount–just $21.20!
- Buy any of the Butterflies Thinlits Bundles at the already-discounted price and choose one of three FREE Sale-A-Bration items (only available while supplies last)!
- Best Year Ever Designer Series Paper (item 138633)
- Best Year Ever Accessory Pack (item 138634)
- Irresistibly Yours Specialty Designer Series Paper (item 138635)
Create something today,
Today’s Products – available in my store